4ply Vegan – Blue Azure: 100gram skeins of fine 4ply bamboo and linen blend yarn hand dyed in the turquoise and cobalt blue colourway.
Bamboo yarn is natural fibre yarn made from pulped wood and leaves of the bamboo plant. It has many ecological advantages over cotton, and will completely biodegrade after it’s useful life. The yarn is lightweight and strong with good wicking properties, making it a great choice for summer clothing.
Linen is spun from the long fibres that grow inside of the stems of the flax plant, which is one of the oldest cultivated plants in human history. Linen is highly absorbent and a good conductor of heat, quickly removing perspiration from the skin.
This fibre combination feels rather crisp to begin with, but softens as you work with it and wash it – much like hemp yarn.
– Weight: approx. 100gram (price is per skein)
– Yarn: 70% Bamboo, 30% LInen
– Type: 4ply
– Length: approx. 400 metres ~ 436 yards
– Recommended needle size: 2-4mm
– Care: Cool handwash by itself, do not soak. Expect some colour run.